There Are ma y beautiful effects that
you can create simply by using combinations of cable stitches and
wave or trellis stitches. The stitches can be worked between half
space or full space gathering rows. Cables should be worked in odd
numbers (i.e. if you start with an over cable, you should end with
an over cable in each little block...this is what creates the symmetry
in your design.) The trellis and wave stitches can be stitched in
And remember: the larger the waves in your design, the greater the
elasticity of the finished work.
As always, the basic rules remain
- Keep the needle horizontal to
the gathering rows.
- Pick up only the top third of each pleat.
- Watch position (i.e. over or
under) of the thread.
- Pick up only one pleat with each
- Maintain consistent spacing.
Stitches covered on this page